- What are cookies and what they do?
- Principles of use and implementation of cookies when visiting our website https://wecare.com.cy/, including protection of your rights are defined in Directive 2002/58/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on privacy and electronic communications, according to which cookies are allowed to be used provided they are intended for a legitimate purpose, such as to facilitate the provision of information society services.
- For almost any modern website to work properly, it needs to collect certain basic information on its users. To do this, a site will create files known as cookies – which are small text files – on its users’ computers. These cookies are designed to allow the website to recognize its users on subsequent visits, or to authorize other designated websites to recognize these users for a particular purpose.
- Cookies help us to understand how the users of our website interact with our website and enable us to improve and make our online services more accessible to the users.
- When using cookies, we respect mainly the following principles (A) we do our utmost to respect users’ privacy, (B) we access cookies on a need-to-know basis only within our organisation and with our webservice and web content providers, (C) anonymisation and minimalization to the utmost possible extent when we can still utilize the purpose of cookies and (D) we use to monitor and improve our services cookies with good intentions and to the benefit of users only.
- Cookies do a lot of different jobs, which make your experience of the internet much smoother and more interactive, such as letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your setups, adjustments and preferences and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that the advertisements you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- assisting you in online navigation,
- assisting in registration to our events, appointment booking and management and your ability to provide feedback,
- analysing your use of our services or applications,
- assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising),
- personalising web content (functional browser and web location setup preferences according to the user´s needs (incl. letter type, size and language preference),
- set up membership plans,
- assisting in login including optional save of login details.
- We classify cookies we use in the following categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are strictly necessary to enable us to run our website and to help us detect any problems with it (for example we use cookie that tells us how busy the server is based on number of visitors and helps us to recognise and resolve users experience problems as soon as possible). These cookies enable you to use the website and to provide certain features you have requested. For example, to save products that you have put into your shopping cart/order form. Without them, you would not be able to use even basic services. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering which sites you have visited on the internet. As we place the strictly necessary cookies on our websites by default, we do not request for your prior consent for the use of such cookies. On the other hand, however, you can turn off these cookies on your device, but it might impact your ability to browse and use our website https://wecare.com.cy/. We may also use a cookie that tracks your cookie privacy preference so that we do not place analytics and advertising cookies if you do not want us to. Unless turned off by you, this particular type of cookies will remain on your device even after you have stopped browsing the website so can make sure we comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Preferences-related cookies
- Analytics and statistics cookies
These cookies gather information on how you use the website. For example, which sites you visit most frequently and whether you are receiving error messages from them. These cookies do not compile information that would identify you. All data compiled by these cookies are aggregated and are therefore anonymous. These data are used only to enhance the site’s functionality.
- Marketing cookies
These cookies are used to (1) deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests; (2) limit the number of times you see an advertisement; (3) help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign; (4) inform us that you do not want to receive certain ads and (5) understand people’s behaviour after they view an advertisement. They are usually placed on behalf of advertising networks with the site operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a site and quite often they will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
- Within these four categories, cookies are classified as either ‘Session based’ or ‘Persistent’ cookies:
- Session based cookies are temporary. They allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session based cookies are deleted.
- Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device. This happens for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- You can choose and change anytime your cookie preferences. Be always smart and cautious when using the internet!
- You can manage your cookies preferences
- by clicking on “Manage your cookie preferences”on our website,
- through our pop-up cookie banner that appears when you first visit the website,
- by changing your browser settings on your device to refuse the use of all or some cookies (however, if you block all cookies (including necessary cookies), you may not be able to use all or some parts of our website, or you may also find that you are shown information on our website that is less interesting to you or completely beyond your interest).
- You are always informed of the types of cookies and other tracking technologies in use on our websites via our cookie popup consent banner. The banner gives you the options of ‘opt in’ and ‘opt out’ of the various types of cookies, have access to the cookie settings and make subsequent changes to them if you change your mind. If we change the cookies we use, we will update this Cookies Policy. You always can find the latest version of this policy on our website.